Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Senior Conference 2015


Today is April 15,2015 there was a SAT at our school that juniors had to take so all other grades had to be out of the building because of testing. The seniors trip was to Abyssinian church to attend a senior conference. This was the first senior conference ever to take place in the history of Thurgood Marshall Academy for Learning and Social Change. It was a nice event we started off with breakfast then we had a keynote speaker by the name of Justice Milton A. Tingling he was a good speaker and encouraged me to register for voting. He gave out advice, asked us questions, as well as give us voter registration cards to mail out because every vote counts. They also had three different sessions for us to go to, we were able to pick what sessions we wanted to participate in and we had a variety to pick from. The three I picked were identity in college, sexual health for young women, and ways to beat freshman fifteen. The identity in college was about how to transition into college and post high school life. Sexual health for young women was about a small group answering sex health questions and go ver myths as well as sex life in college. Ways to beat the freshman fifteen was about how to not put on fifteen or more pounds while in college because of stress and lack of sleep. All the sessions were helpful and I was able to take what i learned today with me to help me in college and life overall.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you Nichole this was such a great experience. However I did not attend the workshop about "Way's to beat the freshman fifteen", the way you described it I actually wished I went to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the sessions were very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like senior conference day mainly because it was really well organized and well put together. The sessions were really helpful and informative. My favorite session was the female sex ed class because the instructor was really nice to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it was so useful. I know some people were concerned it wouldn't be useful.

    ReplyDelete