Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Ms. Hegemans Class

In my third period class which Is Ms. Hegeman we are learning about the play "Midsummers Nights Dream". The play is basically a comedy port the events surrounding the marriage of the Duke of Athens, Theseus, and Hippolyta. We started reading the first act and having a teacher come out to help us with understanding the play. We would do certain activities that involves movement and role play, we sit in a circle and we get to learn about this play. So far the play is ok but some words, quotes and terms could be confusing. But in class we do a cold reading where everyone in the class takes turns and reads a line from the play. And we also read it a second time and all the words, terms and quotes we don't understand gets clarified the second time we read. We are enrolled in this program and later on after we read it we will go to BAM ( Brooklyn Academy of Music) and present it there. I like comedy's so I think I can get into plays because I don't really enjoy reading plays the only play I enjoyed was "Othello" by William Shakespeare. "Midsummers Nights Dream" is written by William Shakespeare also so hopefully ill enjoy it. When it comes to presenting it to the Brooklyn Academy  of Music it is bittersweet because its interesting and sounds fun to do but it can also be nerve wracking. Ms. Hegeman said she would take volunteers but I don't know I might or might not do it its a 50 50 chance.


 

1 comment:

  1. Well everyone will present something in class, then the class will chose who performs at BAM. I've talked to WT about it, and he wants to make it something that the class is interested in, so I think you will be deciding how you want to present.

    ReplyDelete